Mobile-Friendly ECommerce Store Redesign
The 3dCart responsive redesign we created for our watch store client is Google mobile-friendly and boosted sales and search engine rankings.
Responsive e-commerce design is easy… or so they say. In reality, it’s easy to break a responsive website during the learning curve. It’s easy to think it’s “almost alright” only to find out that page layouts won’t appear properly on various desktop, tablet and mobile phone screen sizes. That’s what was happening when our client called us. When they said, ” We’ve had enough with doing it ourselves, please fix it,” here’s how we delivered:
• Re-coded the frame.html for responsive behavior
• Updated the Home page design
• The Category page was hard coded to display in a single-column layout. We converted it to display a three-column layout on desktop screen sizes.
• The old design was not able to display categories and sub-categories on the left-hand side of the frame.html on Category pages. We updated the code so that the Category Groups could be used for this purpose.
• We redesigned the appearance of the Category Filters
• We redesigned the Product Listing page layouts.
All of the re-coding and design changes were made in HTML 5 and CSS to pass the Google Mobile Friendly test with flying colors! With the e-commerce redesign and re-code, the watch store improved its search rankings for many of its target keywords and phrases.